· Traditional archeological Tour - ½ day (4-10 pax)
· Half Day Archeological Tour (4-10 pax)
· Full Day Archeological Tour - 1 day (4-10pax)
· Three Days Archeological Tour - 3 days (4-10 pax)
San Pedro of Atacama known as the archeological capital of Chile, has numerouse places
that shown human activity in the zone since 9000 years A.C.approximately.
Include all the intermediate period until the arriving of Spanish
colonizers, finishing with a resume of the influence of the tourism in the
architecture of the zone.
For the best comprehension of this human occupation we have divided the tours
· Historic Periods (archaic, potter, inca, etc.)
· Human Activities (petroglyphs, workshops, Incas constructions, etc.)
· Mixed, these tours include more archeological places for which have
two or more days.
In this tour Pucará del Quitor is visited, a defensive fortress built by the
Atacameños before the Inca control among 900 b.c. and 1200 b.c., a
cemetery belonging to this same period, besides 4 places of
petroglyphs (Quebrada de los Tambores 1 and 2, Piedra de Coca and El Salado)
concluding the tour in an area where lithium workshops were built approximately 5000
years before the present.
Finally the vehicle arrives to an abandoned sulfur mine,
from where a 3 hours trekking begins, this hill was elected for the project
"ALMA" where will be built the modern and largest observatory of South America.