Tourism in the City of Puerto Natales
Distance: 254 Kilometers away from Punta Arenas
Main Activity: Tourism, Cattle - Bearing and Fishing
This is the Capital of the province of Ultima Esperanza. This city was founded in 1911 and it has a good tourist infrastructure. The most important sites in the location are: Torres del Paine National Park, Bernardo O´Higgins and Milodon Cave.
How to Get There
From Punta Arenas, there are several daily departures. From Calafate and the Gallegos River too.
You can depart from Punta Arenas in Chile and from Argentina too.
Puerto Natales is a natural land ideal for adventure tourism. It has good tourist infrastructure.
· Main Square
· Punta Arenas Avenue
· Bulnes Street
· Municipal Museum
Tours and Visits:
· Torres of Paine National Park
· Bernardo O` Higgins National Park
· The Milodon Cave
· Serrano and Balmaceda Ship-yard
· Campo Hielo Sur Glaciers
· Grey Glacier
Visits to the Ranches:
· Perales Ranch. Located 50 kilometers from Puerto Natales - Telephone: 411978
· Rosario Ranch. Located in the Antonio Varas Peninsula - Telephone: 411273
· El Palenque Ranch. Located 20 kilometers from Puerto Natales - Telephone: 413074
· Cerro Negro Ranch. Located on the Route 9, kilometer 185 - Telephone: 226054
In the route that goes from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales, it is interesting to visit:
The small country town of El Ovejero and the picturesque little town of Villa Tehuelches; these populations conformed the cattle - raising cooperative "Cacique Mulato".
The Valley of Penitente River is traversed by the river of the same name. Morro Chico is a fishing site and a significant location for archaeologists.
Commerce Schedule: From Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 13:00 and 15:00 to 19:00 Saturday, 9:00 to 12:30
Fishing Permits. Sernapesca, Yungay Nº 361 - Telephone: 412778
Handicrafts. Ñandú, Bulnes Nº 44 - Telephone: 411862
- From the city of Puerto Natales, Manuel Bulnes Nº 533 - Telephone 414300
- From the city of Punta Arenas, Magallanes Nº 990 - Telephone: 200200
Hotels in Puerto Natales
AquaTerra Lodge & Restaurant
The Hotel AquaTerra is a beautiful and warm place which is situated (according to its owners) “… at the end of the world were the land and the water meets ...”
Laguna Azul Hotel
It is located just two hours (147 Km.) from Torres del Paine National Park and Puerto Natales downtown area. It is also close to some supermarkets and bus stations.
Martin Gusinde Hotel
It is located just one block from the main square of the city, next to Puerto Natales Casino. It offers a personalized and refined service.
The CostAustralis Hotel is situated in an area of outstanding flora and fauna: Torres del Paine National Park. The Patagonian fiords, nice channels and amazing glaciers are also close to the hotel.